Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New FULL Song: ‘Give Me All Your Love’




The full version of Madonna‘s new joint, set for inclusion on her forthcoming February 2012 album, has made its way online (sans Nicki Minaj andM.I.A.).

What are you waiting for?  



While word has it that Minaj and M.I.A.’s inclusion on the record will be for its live unveiling only, it still would’ve been interesting to see what they brought to its official version.  Because while we never fault Madge for trying to keep up with the young’ns, there are aspects of this song that sound like a marriage between an Atari video game’s music and something Avril Lavigne threw away.

“Give Me All Your Love” (demo) is a complete regression from the dance-pop/electro greatness Madonna pursued and mastered on 2005′s ‘Confessions On A Dance Floor’“Give Me” comes off as a watered down bonus track from an early 00′s Kylie Minogue CD, not to mention the shrill quality of Madonna’s thin vocals are a complete turn off. It in no way represents a song worthy to lead a new era from the unchallenged Queen of Pop. On the [only] bright side, Lady Gaga can breath a sigh of relief as no wigs will be snatched with this release. Not. A. One.

The throwback to early 80s Madge will certainly be appreciated by her core fans, but appealing to today’s record buying public is going to  require the Material Girl to go back to the drawing board for better material.  Either way, only time will tell if this is her way of testing the waters or if it is full indication of what’s to be expected on the next album.  Hopefully, it is the former and not the latter.



What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. It's on par with "Celebration." In fact, if "Celebration" had been on an album proper, I could easily see this song following it.

    It's a long way from "Like a Prayer," "Frozen," or even "Music," where I was just blown away and excited about a new Madonna song. But that was probably inevitable.

    I just wish that she would please, please stop working her name into her songs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It will be other "4 minutes". I guess this happens to all the greats. They begin to keep up with the times. The song will go top 10, because of the hype and then fizzle out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a fan since I was 6 y.o. and I just turned 33 this month...I disliked it so much that I didn't listen to all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous...

    I was a fan at 6 and I'm 33 too (on Nov 17). I totally agree with what you just said. Are we twins? lol

    @Youthinkyourecute
    Agree - She will promote for a few weeks and then it will fizzile out and the here comes the cheap/lazy videos

    @JC
    I see you what you are saying in regards to Celebration, but it is a long way from "Like a Prayer," "Frozen," or even "Music," ect.

    I am hoping that this demo is what the demo for 'The Beat Goes On' did for the 'Beat Goes On'. Totally unexpected great song from what the original demo that leak months before the album came out.
    Same goes for 'Drowned World' demo....


    Madonna try’s WAAAY to hard to be HIP with the kids. She needs to stop and make mature music.. not saying she can’t have fun and make dance tracks but come on M.A.D.O.N.N.A!

    I was hoping for something along the lines of Adele/Amy Winehouse or even P!NK. William Orbit will give her a dated sound, I am almost positive that this will happen. Why do you think Britney scrapped his tracks for her 'Femme Fatal' album? I'm sure he will passing them on to Madonna. The only thing I am looking forward William is the strings/orchestra arrangements that are always so beautiful.

    Finger crossed that this single will turn out spectacular in the end.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I turned 33 in August. I've been a fan since 6 also, when I first saw her borderline video in 1984.

    I'm warming up to the song. Its very different then what as she done. And it doesn't sound like anything on the radio. I still hate the cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just a demo, but I'm afraid the finished version won't be much of an improvement. Long gone are the days when she would really commit to making great records, she doesn't care anymore, or at least the way she used to about making great and groundbreaking music. She follows what's popular these days instead of creating what will be popular.

    ReplyDelete