Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Rihanna Wants to Portray Whitney Houston...in her own world.


If the opportunity ever presented itself, Rihanna is hoping to make it known she would "love" the chance to play Whitney Houston in a biopic based on the singer's life.

Opening up to The Press Association, Rihanna, 24, discussed her attachment to the legendary vocalist, who died tragically on February 11 at the age of 48.

"My first song that I remember falling love with was a Whitney Houston song: 'I Will Always Love You,'" Rihanna shared. "It was really inspiring and it made me develop a passion for music, so really, she's partly responsible for me being here in this industry."

The "We Found Love" singer added she understands the type of commitment needed to undertake such a meaningful part.

"That would be something that I would have to give my entire life to do, because I would really want to pull it off," Rihanna told reporters. "That's a huge, huge role and whoever does it has to do a good job."

Rihanna is slated to make her big screen debut next month when Battleship (also starring Alexander Skarsgard and Brooklyn Decker) hits theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment