Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Gaga opens up on Madonna


lady gaga glamour  e1383092380712 Hot Shots: Lady GaGa Stuns In Glamour
Gaga opens up on Madonna interviewed by Andy Cohen both photographed by Patrick Demarchelier Gaga also discusses her fraught relationship with Madonna, which began when fans noticed that her hit “Born This Way” sounded like Madonna’s “Express Yourself.” 
“It did upset me when I saw a lot of young people fighting on the Internet [about it]. My desire is always to bring people together,” she explains. “I never care personally what people say about me. But is it inspiring a community to split down the center and go to war over who is the queen? The music, and the message — this will always be more important to me than people thinking I’m the best.”
Gaga also says she doesn’t like people speculating on whether or not she’ll have the kind of career longevity that Madonna has had.
"Who’s to say I’m anything like her at all? Who’s to say that my ambitions are even the same as hers?" she tells Glamour. "Who’s to say I’m not an entirely different person? Because I am."
“My ambition was never to rule the world. It was always to change the world,” says Gaga. “And once I started to become more and more successful, this voice in the back of my mind was telling me to make sure that I staked my claim as a person. The Born This Way Foundation isn’t about money at all. It’s about communities, people coming together.”It’s one of the reasons why she hates that people compared “Born This Way” to Madonna’s “Express Yourself.”
lady gaga glamour 2 e1383092656781 Hot Shots: Lady GaGa Stuns In Glamour

No comments:

Post a Comment