Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Publicist Liz Rosenberg Announced Retirement

The music business veteran also represents Stevie Nicks, Cher and Michael Buble.

Liz Rosenberg, a music industry veteran who is best known to the masses as Madonna's publicist, has announced her retirement. Rosenberg has been Madonna's publicist since 1983.

“I think two centuries is long enough, don’t you? I’m going to consult, advise and protect my peeps from the likes of Page Six forever. I love them too much to do otherwise. On a serious note, these people are part of my family. I could never step away completely. I envision myself like Sue Mengers, doing my work from a round bed with a lot of lip-shaped pillows.”  Says Rosenberg.

"She's been -- and still is -- the head of publicity for my entire career," Madonna said to the audience. "Now, does anybody understand the insanity of being my publicist for the last 25 years? Well, I think Liz was smoking a joint when I first met her. I walked into her office, and she very politely stubbed it out in the ashtray. I don't think she thought I knew she was smoking a joint, but it was a little bit obvious. Anyway, we hit it off right away. She was my kinda girl -- tough, irreverent and funny. And we've had a long and amazing chunk of time together." - Madonna


http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/madonna-publicist-liz-rosenberg-retiring-804700

No comments:

Post a Comment